serving with pride...
The Eastern Montana Telemedicine Network enjoys a reputation as being one of the leading telemedicine programs in the country. EMTN takes an active role in promoting telemedicine services at a local, state, regional, national and international level.
- Recipient of the American Telemedicine Association's President's Award for the Advancement of Telemedicine.
- Recipient of the RUS Public Service Innovation Award.
- Twice named as one of the "Top Ten Telemedicine Programs" in the US by Telehealth Magazine.
- By working collaboratively with third party payers in Montana, EMTN was one of the first telemedicine networks in the nation to secure reimbursement from both public and private payers.
- EMTN staff were instrumental in development and subsequent passage of the State of Montana's telemedicine licensure legislation.
- EMTN is one of the founding members of the Montana Healthcare Telecommunication Alliance. This alliance was organized to promote and advocate for telemedicine services throughout the state of Montana.
- EMTN has been engaged at the federal level, influencing policy development in the areas of Universal Service Support and reimbursement.
- EMTN has hosted several visits from national and international groups researching the potential benefits of telemedicine services to their organization and country.
- EMTN staff and clinicians have presented at multiple regional and national conferences. (Examples include, American Psychiatric Association, American Psychological Association, and the ATSP annual meetings).
- EMTN Director is a past president of the ATA Board of Directors.
All the members of the Eastern Montana Telemedicine Network are committed to continued growth and telemedicine program development that meets the needs of the patients, healthcare providers and the communities at large.