growing with your needs...
The Eastern Montana Telemedicine Network began as a cooperative effort between Billings Clinic and five rural healthcare facilities in eastern Montana to research the potential of interactive videoconferencing in improving access to medical specialty and mental health services. Today EMTN has 26 partners in 19 communities throughout eastern and central Montana and northern Wyoming. Operational since September 1993, the EMTN continues to pursue its original goal:
To utilize two way interactive video conferencing technology to deliver specialist medical and mental health services, continuing medical and higher education, administrative and Telebusiness services.
EMTN has received three competitive grants from two federal agencies supporting the growth and development of the network: They include:
- Rural Utilities Services (September1993): Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grant program funded the equipment for the first five rural sites:
- Roosevelt Memorial Hospital (Culbertson)
- Sidney Health Center (Sidney)
- Glendive Medical Center (Glendive)
- Eastern Montana Community Mental Health Center (Miles City)
- Holy Rosary Health Center (Miles City) This equipment is now located at MHA in Helena.
- Office for the Advancement of Telehealth telemedicine grant program (October 1994-September 1997) (formerly ORHP telemedicine grant program)
- (1994/95) Colstrip Medical Center (Colstrip) and Deaconess Behavioral Health Clinic (Billings)
- (1995/96) Frances Mahon Deaconess Hospital (Glasgow) and Fallon Medical Complex (Baker)
- (1996/97) Yellowstone City County Health Department site of the Montana Family Medicine Residency Program
- Office for the Advancement of Telehealth telemedicine grant program (September 2000-August 2003)
- (2000/01) North Big Horn Hospital in Lovell Wyoming, Phillips County Hospital, Malta MT, Daniels Memorial Hospital, Scobey MT Sheridan Memorial Hospital, Plentywood, MT, Northeast MT Health Services, Poplar, MT
- (2001/02) Cody Clinic, Cody, Wyoming and Pioneer Medical Center, Big Timber MT
- (2002/03) Livingston Healthcare, Livingston MT
- Between 1997- 2006 six additional partners joined EMTN.
- Stillwater Community Hospital, Columbus, MT (1998) the Deaconess Billings Clinic Foundation received a $35,000 gift from a private donor that was matched dollar for dollar to assist this site join EMTN
- Miles City Healthcare Clinic, Miles City, MT (August 1999)
- Rosebud Healthcare Center (March 2003) Funded by RMTF
- Red Lodge Clinic, Red Lodge MT
- Montana Primary Care Association, Helena MT
- Bozeman OB/GYN